1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advice and help needed on lcd clock cluster

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by a6george, May 5, 2011.

1. a6george

a6george Member

[May 5, 2011]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 26, 2014]

3. a6george

a6george Member

[May 18, 2011]
    the answer is NO, my clocks are jaeger not vdo, the one i needed which Ive got now has a offset ribbon. will put pics up of both, so if anyone needs a display for a vdo clock set, you know where there is one. :)
    regards
  4. reggieroo

reggieroo Member

[May 27, 2011]
    I need one too as my LCD unit is the same, can read much at all. I wondered how hard it would be to fit one of those on ebay?
  5. a6george

a6george Member

[May 28, 2011]
    The answer is its def not a diy job, Its a nightmare to strip clocks down for a start, all pointers and dial motors have to be removed but thats just a pain, the impossible bit is the soldering of the new one, I use a electronic repair company through work and they agreed to solder new one in for me, there verdict was cant be soldered the normall way, so if you have good soldering skills and have a soldering gun that uses a very very fine jet of very hot air, Around £1600 worth of solder gun, it can be done. if you dont have this get someone who has to fit. after all that you need vagcom to reset all your dials. now clocks back in screen looks great till it goes dark then bright then goes all scrambled up. so my advice is send clocks away to be repaired or find new clocks.
    Regards George
  6. reggieroo

reggieroo Member

[May 28, 2011]
    I kinda thought that might be the answer :unsure: