1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advanced key and cellphone

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by danilotto, May 24, 2014.

1. danilotto

danilotto Member

Hi all,

Sorry if you already know it :)
    Pay attention keeping the advanced key in the same pocket of your phone.

I have an iPhone 5 and If I keep it in the pocket together with the advanced key, the doors do not open until I move the phone away.

And worse, yesterday I was driving and the key was in the pocket together with the iPhone. At a certain point I started hearing a clicking noise from the loudspeaker, something like a radio digital interference of something trying to send data packets.

After few minutes the yellow triangle lit on the dashboard and the DIS told me that the key was not in the car :think:

I then realized about the phone and immediately moved it away from the key. Immediately the clicking noise faded away and the alert on the DIS went away.

So pay attention to interferences between the advanced key and cellphones :D
    monopole, andywil13 and phil1824 like this.
  2. monopole

monopole pro-monopole-ish-ism-istic

keys + phone in the same pocket = no no by any standard in my book
    RYuill likes this.
  3. 97catalunya

97catalunya Member

I noticed this too, key in inside jacket pocket, phone in outside jacket pocket.
    It took me a while to twig this was the reason I couldn't unlock the car.
    Easy fix, changed pockets lol. Or at least key in outside pocket, phone in the inside pocket ;-)