1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adjusting the turbo?

Discussion in 'Tuning' started by wangdoodle, Jun 10, 2013.

1. wangdoodle

wangdoodle Member

[Jun 10, 2013]
    Hi all..newbie question....I have an A4 '04 1.8t 190. It has a BEX engine and I *think* (from reading on here) a K04 turbo.
    It feels like the turbo wakes up,or 'kicks in' (if that's the right expression) around 3k revs.Is there a way of adjusting it, making it 'kick in' sooner? I feel like I'm only getting the benefit just before I'm ready to change gear.....getting left behind at the lights :( pretty handy with the spanners but is it something only a remap would do or is there something mechanical I can do?
    Cheers - Rob
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Jun 10, 2013]
    You have the equiv of a k03s( in transverse terms) and tbh it's all electircally controlled, the turbo should be spooling around 2k on that car std. I'd be looking for a boost leak or similar then get it mapped to come in as soon as possible
  4. koruptc5

koruptc5 Member

[Jun 10, 2013]
    as the man above said, personally i went for a revo stage 1 map and couldnt be happier, making full boost of 1bar around 2300 and getting 220hp & 230lbft on the rollers ( 1.8T 150HP originally), problem is with our little turbo's is they run out of steam around 5.5k and cant maintain 1bar for love nor money. A remap will feel like youre driving a different car though....highly recommended.