Adjusting Rear Camber / Toe on S3 !

darko

Reaction score
seems it is possible on the TT so must be possible on the S3 ? The diagram seems to suggest a special Audi tool is required although these guys: http://www.elite-design.co.uk/ say they can do it. So.. can we finally sort out the inside edge tyre wear issues without adjustable tie bars ?

Not sure what diagram you're referring to, but in order to adjust rear camber on the S3/TT you need to have the adjustable rear tie-arms. Forge and ECS make them for about £250-300.

Not sure if you'd want to be messing with the rear toe angles.

[ QUOTE ]
seems it is possible on the TT so must be possible on the S3 ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Toe is...apparently with the special tool.
Camber is not.

[ QUOTE ]

The diagram seems to suggest a special Audi tool is required although these guys: http://www.elite-design.co.uk/ say they can do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Toe can definately be done...as mine was, by the local Audi dealer.

[ QUOTE ]

So.. can we finally sort out the inside edge tyre wear issues without adjustable tie bars ?

[/ QUOTE ]

No...sorry.
If it's lowered, even with the toe set back to factory...you will still wear the inside edges. The only way to cure that is to fit the adjustable arms.

Imola S3 has some for sale...it might be worth PMing him.

I certain do have a set for sale.

My adjustable tie bars + cash for you OEM tie bars.

PM me with your offer. New price is £299 + vat.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure you've got that the right way round Grant?

Adjustable bars and cash...for standard?...that's a hell of a deal!!

Wouldn't standard bars plus cash for adjustable bars, be a better deal for you!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure you've got that the right way round Grant?

Adjustable bars and cash...for standard?...that's a hell of a deal!!

Wouldn't standard bars plus cash for adjustable bars, be a better deal for you!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
As always... you are correct Glen! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

the audi document is titled rear axle camber adjusting - not that audi should be trusted to call these things what everyone else calls them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

if someone can tell me how to post the doc ill get it here for all to see

IIRC from a post ages ago, the adjutment is very minor... not enough to take rear setting back to OEM state after lowering.