1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adjusting lights

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by temp, Jan 14, 2014.

1. temp

temp Member

Right does anybody know which way to turn the adjusters on the lights and which one does what. Keep turning mine and don't think there is any change:-/

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. :: blade ::

:: blade :: Active Member

ive heard about manual adjusters break easy so maybe yours have broke? i need to do this with mine at the weekend as my lights are shocking

4. Wallm0nkey

Wallm0nkey Member

If they aren't adjusting at all take the light out and remove the back you can see both the adjusters pretty well to see if there is an issue. Mine had a broken motor clip and the left adjuster had been wound totally out so wasn't doing anything but I managed to realign it and get it working.
    If they are auto leveling you need vcds to set the new home position when it's correct or they will adjust back.

5. rupe

rupe A3 TQS In Devon

6. temp

temp Member

Thanks! My lights are not electric adjust they are manual with 2 turning things on top of the light like little white plastic screw holes. Think passengers side light is knackered will not adjust at all but need to lift drivers side up. Find myself driving with full beam on.