Adjusting headlights...

Daggerit

Reaction score
Hey guys, after dropping the A4 on the coilovers the headlights are sitting a bit low. Do these have to adjusted through VCDS or is there a physical adjustment?

Cheers lads!

Last edited:
There should be a white plastic screw type surround on top of each headlight, this will adjust the lights beam height.
Park it against garage door or wall when parked level and adjust each one so the levels match, you should go to MOT place and get them set at correct height so you don't drive around blinding everyone :)

There should be a white plastic screw type surround on top of each headlight, this will adjust the lights beam height.
Park it against garage door or wall when parked level and adjust each one so the levels match, you should go to MOT place and get them set at correct height so you don't drive around blinding everyone :)

No, thats not how to do them tbh, if you have auto levelling fitted, which is defacto for xenons.

You need an mot bay, beam pattern lense & vcds, then log into 55, set to adjustment mode in basic settings, then when ready, adjust accordingly & then turn of adjustment mode & you're ready to go, make sure when coily's fitted, this hasnt broken the axle level sensor arms, as happened many times before through negligence of fitters tbh mate.

No, thats not how to do them tbh, if you have auto levelling fitted, which is defacto for xenons.

You need an mot bay, beam pattern lense & vcds, then log into 55, set to adjustment mode in basic settings, then when ready, adjust accordingly & then turn of adjustment mode & you're ready to go, make sure when coily's fitted, this hasnt broken the axle level sensor arms, as happened many times before through negligence of fitters tbh mate.

Thanks for the info, now I just need to get an MOT bay and VCDS in the ame place at the same time! Haha.

I know that the sensor arm on the rear axle isn't broken because I helped fit them and was looking at it today. :) I was thinking about just fabricating up an adjustable shortened sensor arm actually, that would save having to find the VCDS.

I'll sort it out one way or another, I can get by for the time being though thankfully. ;)

IMHO & strong advice, dont adjust the sensor arm length, as its set for travel as such, any differences in this arm may affect the sensor readings if it expects specifics calibrated for that chassis/levelling controller, if you catch my drift.

Maybe buy vcds :)

I see what you mean, like it could raise/lower thenm too much due to the changed length...

I would love to buy a VCDS but they're just too expensive right now coming up to Christmas. Haha. I'm sure that if I could get enough stuff done for people up here it would pay for itself, but no guarantee. ;)

Found the white adjuster and it looks like it's just an allan key job so will hopefully b quick and easy! :) Cheers again guys!