1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adjusting Adaptive Xenon headlights for European Driving

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by h5djr, Aug 18, 2009.

1. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Aug 18, 2009]
    If, like me, you have the new Adaptive Xenon headlights the proceedure using VAG-COM for adjusting these for driving in mainland Europe is slightly different from the normal Xenons.

With normal Xenons you Select Control Module - Select 55 Xenon Range - Select 10 Adaption and change Channel 10 from 0 to 1.

With Adaptive Xenons you again Select Control Module - Select 55 Xenon Range - Select 10 Adaption but then you need to change Channel 23 from 0 to 1.

If you do not have access to VAG-COM it is something that will have to be done by a dealer using their VAS 5051 diagnostic equipment.

I have now updated my notes in the following post in the FAQs accordingly.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=33492&page=2
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. T.ENVY

T.ENVY New Member

[Apr 8, 2014]
    Hello,
    Not sure if you can help me
    I had a bump to the passenger side of my audi a4.
    it caused damage to bumper wing and headlight
    the headlight I have is a Xenon Adaptive headlight. I am looking for a second hand one as Audi want £1200 for a new one
    I have come across a seller in Germany who has one but as it in Europe it is a right hand side drive

Would you know if this would be compatible in the UK and will be ready to fit and go.. Do I need to program?

Thanks