1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adjusting Adaptive Xenon headlights for European Driving

h5djr Aug 18, 2009

1. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A3

If, like me, you have the new Adaptive Xenon headlights the proceedure using VAG-COM for adjusting these for driving in mainland Europe is slightly different from the normal Xenons.

With normal Xenons you Select Control Module - Select 55 Xenon Range - Select 10 Adaption and change Channel 10 from 0 to 1.

With Adaptive Xenons you again Select Control Module - Select 55 Xenon Range - Select 10 Adaption but then you need to change Channel 23 from 0 to 1.

If you do not have access to VAG-COM it is something that will have to be done by a dealer using their VAS 5051 diagnostic equipment.

I have now updated my notes in the following post in the FAQs accordingly.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=33492&page=2

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  2. T.ENVY

T.ENVY New Member

Hello,
    Not sure if you can help me
    I had a bump to the passenger side of my audi a4.
    it caused damage to bumper wing and headlight
    the headlight I have is a Xenon Adaptive headlight. I am looking for a second hand one as Audi want £1200 for a new one
    I have come across a seller in Germany who has one but as it in Europe it is a right hand side drive

Would you know if this would be compatible in the UK and will be ready to fit and go.. Do I need to program?

Thanks