Adjustable Actuator

billybravo

Reaction score
Website
www.topgearstockport.com
20544.jpg

has anyone fitted one of these and what kind of boost could i reach with it at the min im running a 1bar amd remap

should i or should i wait till next year for my big turbo

I wouldnt risk it i know of someone who fettled with an acutator and the engine blew.

I would seek expert knowledge from a tuning company about it.

this is what Awesome GTI say about it in there store

Forge K03 turbo actuator for Longitudinal engines
This actuator is designed for the Audi A4 and Volkswagon Passat 1.8T engines that are longtitudually mounted.

Manufactured from Billet aluminium, this Forge adjustable actuator is a two part assembly that will allow servicing and mainteinance. It also allows for rod adjustment to suit individual applications, designed and built with the intent of increasing the boost output of a turbocharged system.

Laser cut stainless steel brackets ensure OEM like fitment.

Title Awesome Part # Price

Forge K03 actuator - Longitudinal £77.20

looks like £77.20 towards your big turbo to me.

so the standard one isn't adjustable , thats a surprise

any way if you are remaped the fueling and boost held will be programmed no point turning up the actuator it will only upset calibrations

they are talking about physical adjustment, i.e. length of rod etc. ...no? not boost

It's the length of the rod and therefore the position of the actuator inside that governs how high (or low) the level of boost is... the old-skool way of tuning a Cossie was to simply wind the actuator up as far as you wanted and the car became a rocket ship but would soon destroy the engine since it would run very very lean and eventually cook the engine completely. As Dummi says, calibrations would be miles off, i.e. fuel/ignition maps are only set to accurately work for one actuator position.