Adele - Skyfall

​I like Adele, but i do not like that track.

It follows the format of the previous Bond theme tunes very well, but in all honesty its pretty average for a singer who can perform so much better.

It follows the format of the previous Bond theme tunes very well, but in all honesty its pretty average for a singer who can perform so much better.

i agree. Adele has a fantastic voice, but that track is just awful. :) x

Bond isnt bond with that pillock craig playing it.Doesnt look like a bond and doesnt act like a bond.Adele is probably the most over rated and hyped singer for years.Both 19 and 21 are total shyte bar two or three tracks.Great voice admittedly, but needs someone to write for her. Bond for me died when connery packed up, although brosnan is a close second. Bah!

Im a fan of the old James Bond films, Sean Connery Roger Moore, not so much of the new.
lovely song by Adele, typpical bond style (in a good way) imo

Jonny, i have to agree with you about Bond. Sean Connery was very good, not that i am biased in any way, as i liked him in so many other films. Pierce Brosnan was ok, i think someone like Gabriel Byrne would be a good bond. :) x

Last edited:
The song is very Bond'ish. she's added a few modern notes, which kinds of spoils it a little, but her voice does suit the theme of a bond song to be fair. The lyrics to the song is a bit dodgy to say the least.

My favourite Bond is Roger Moore personally, I quite like Brosnan and Daniel Craig playing Bond too, so each to their own.

Each 'Bond' has bought their own charector to the role, but fundamentally they represent that particular generation for when the film was released.

Connery - Iconic. The original & still the best.

George Lazenby - So bad he only did one film & then they bought back Connery!

Moore - Slightly more laid back & comedic, I almost expected him to be smoking a Hamlet cigar in every scene.

Dalton - He will forever be associated with Peter Pan & Flash Gordon in my eyes, so not a good choice for playing Bond.

Brosnan - Ok, but not great. The ridiculousness of most of the stunts in his series of films probably served more to damage the Bond brand more than anything else.

Craig - Probably the best bond (behind Connery) as far as I'm concerned, but a direct comparison cant really be made as the new films have to serve a newer audience that demand more 'realistic' & gritty storylines & stunts (a'la Bourne Identity) etc.

I have to say, im disappointed at the new track. The facelift movies i find the best of all the bond movies But i thought they were going for title theme which doesnt include the words from the movie title, a step back to boring title tracks imo.

I'm not fussed on Adele, but I like this track. It sounds like a classic Bond track.