1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ghouseman

ghouseman Gazza

Anyone used millers diesel additive?

2. robby

robby Member

I'm on my 2nd tank of fuel since i bought the car 5 weeks ago. I had 3/4 of a bottle left of Millers from a previous car so added 2 shots in this 2nd tank, it doesn't seem to make any noticeable difference but maybe it will after a few tanks as this should clean the fuel system by then?
    It claims to increase the octane of the fuel and also power - whether it's noticeable i'll see.

I read on other forums a few years ago that a lot of people recommend additives as some batches of fuel can be poor which causes poor running, etc so Millers, etc can help.

3. piers90

piers90 Member

Fuel additive test on 5th gear.. interesting stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  4. Tyler Owen

Tyler Owen Member

I#d love to know how it increases the octane rating of diesel when diesel uses a cetane rating

5. BigBird

BigBird Lost in music...

I used the Millers Sport+4 for Years on my old Golf 4 PD150 diesel. Didn't notice much difference, but fell for the hype I guess.
    When I got rid of the car I gave the rest of the bottle I had left to my old man. He put it into his Volvo V70 diesel & swears that it picks up better from low revs, with less tendency to bog down.

6. ghouseman

ghouseman Gazza

cheers, but mines a diesel.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014