1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding TV to RNS-E?

Discussion in 'Satellite Navigation' started by S3IZZO, Nov 12, 2007.

1. S3IZZO

S3IZZO Guest

[Nov 12, 2007]
    Picked up my new S3 this weekend - love the RNS-E but was wondering how easy/hard it would be to add TV function to it?

I'm guessing I need a DVB-T tuner of some description? - is it possible to have this on whilst moving also? (not that i'd watch it whilst driving obviously)
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. steve1975l

steve1975l Member

[Nov 12, 2007]
    I saw one on Ebay for £250 without cables and aerials. You can add a VIM hack to disable the safety feature. Craig is you man if you want someone to do it.
  4. MarcQuinlivan

MarcQuinlivan Active Member

[Nov 12, 2007]
    Im looking to do the same in my car, so any recommendations would be appreciated. Don't really want to go with the factory tuner as it is analog - I'd rather have a digital one.

Anybody know if there is an external tuner that can be controlled via the RNS-E?

I already have the VIM hack applied.
  5. S3IZZO

S3IZZO Guest

[Nov 13, 2007]
    Do you have a contact for craig?
  6. steve1975l

steve1975l Member

7. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

[Jul 10, 2009]
    HazzyDayz (vwcruise.com) offer the same service at the same price / cheaper for most of those mods.

Not sure where TCL are based, but HazzyDayz are based in HERTS, but will travel for a moderate fee and I believe they hold regular sessions at various places around the country (SW/NW/Scotland) if you don't mind travelling a little bit yourself. All prices on their website, incl call-out charges).

Just to be clear - I have nothing to do with HazzyDayz and get no comps** or discounts - I've just used them a few times and been really impressed with their flexibility* and value for money (it's not cheap, but still good value ;) ).

*dropping the car off at 7.30am and picking it up at 7.30pm, etc!

**well they did wire in an extra 12V and USB charger socket into my cubby hole and VAGcom the auto-locking code... if that counts :)