AdBlue

Statiker

Reaction score
I assume the latest EURO6 requirements mean the latest 2.0 & 1.6 TDI have to make use of adblue. How often do people find that they have to top up the adblue tank?

Totally irrelevant to the milage related question.
This stuff stinks...then again no one ever said pigs p155 was kind to the nose anyway...

I've added it to one car, it had around 12k on the clock. This was a zafira so unable to comment on an audi. Tank size / design etc.

I assume the latest EURO6 requirements mean the latest 2.0 & 1.6 TDI have to make use of adblue. How often do people find that they have to top up the adblue tank?
This is on the VW site regarding adblue top up guide...
Model (SCR derivatives only) Tank Size (Approximately) Adblue® tank filler location Initial warning of low AdBlue (2400 km / 1500 miles to go) can be expected to occur at:
Passat 13 litres Next to fuel filler nozzle 4,000 to 6,500 miles or sooner*
Passat Estate 13 litres Next to fuel filler nozzle 4,000 to 6,000 miles or sooner*
Tiguan 12 litres Right-hand side of luggage compartment 3,000 to 4,000 miles or sooner*
Touran 11 litres Next to fuel filler nozzle 3,000 to 4,000 miles or sooner*
Sharan 16 litres Left-hand side of luggage compartment 5,000 to 6,000 miles or sooner*
Touareg 19.5 litres Spare wheel well (in luggage compartment) 6,000 to 7,000 miles or sooner*
Hope this helps....:friends:

Hi,

I purchased a 2.0 TDi in January and the car does not require Adblue as per the importer when I queried this.As yopu say yourself , I was told also , that as the engine is Euro 6 it is not required. I noticed some other models at the dealer had the extra tank, so I can only believe what I have been told.

Sod all that, they should just program the ECU to give false readings when the car is tested ;-)

Reactions: richinsoton and pburv
Sod all that, they should just program the ECU to give false readings when the car is tested ;-)
Nah..Can't see that happening mate..I'de stake my reputation on it.....:whistle2:

Reactions: richinsoton