Adaptive headlight fault...

j0nny2013

Reaction score
So for the first time I have just had an adaptive headlight fault on my dash.

Audi assist coming tomorrow to try and fix.

Anyone else had this issue with their S3 / A3?

Also... Any fix on the turbo rattle yet!!

Cheers

Mine's done this a handful of times (certainly fewer than 10) in the last 7,000 miles. Restarting the car for me clears it immediately.

Audi had a look at it previously and said it was a software fault that would be patched at a later day.

Hasn't happened in the last few months though so I'm not too worried.

Thanks v8, not so great news however. It doesn't bother me that much but would have thought there would be a fix.

I've restarted the car for headlights but keeps appearing.

See what they say tomorrow. Hope I haven't jinxed you!

There you go
Upload 2015 3 2 20 14 29

Reactions: Pulp84
*****. :p

(said in jest, not abuse, before someone else gets upset. Honestly, people these days make an occupation out of being offended!)

Reactions: elpaulio, WeeDram, Pulp84 and 1 other person
*****. :p

(said in jest, not abuse, before someone else gets upset. Honestly, people these days make an occupation out of being offended!)

Laughter is the best medicine! :jester:

Reactions: Pulp84
I can barely notice it but when it does happen its a little annoying and like V8 says it can take the shine off a premium performance car.

soooo..... had an update that the motor in one of the lights needs replacing. my car has been in since Wednesday 1pm till now and by the looks of things going to be in there over weekend and even into next week!! the part is not in stock so has to be ordered.

I'm driving along in an A4 manual diesel. (its ok I suppose)

tad annoyed I'm paying a large amount of money per month at the moment to sit in Audi for probably a week! and they have the cheek to ask I re fill the courtesy car back up with fuel. I don't think so!!

I am also having xenon adaptive light issues. Since having the car the lights have only appeared to swivel occasionally, rarely in fact. Never had a warning light. The start up 'dance' only elicited a very small outward 'flick', very unlike the noticeable outward swivel on the adaptive lights on my old TT. I eventually took the car back to Audi to fix the lights and my sunroof rattle on the warranty. They tell me there was nothing mechanically or electrically wrong with the lights but the car had to be 're-coded' and it was fixed. After one night drive the lights really do not seem to behave any different. The entrance to my road has two right angle turns, one with a wall in front. Clearly no light movement when turning at say 15-20mph. On a country road, without streetlights, I have seen some movement. The manual says the lights work at between 10-110 km/h. Auto lights are on and adaptive lights are switched on in MMI. I had wondered if the headlight behaviour is somehow related to the headlight range control linked to the satnav but I am grasping at straws here. What is normal behaviour of the adaptive lights - are there situations when they do or do not swivel?

there is a setting in the MMI for amount of swivel; I have mine in Dynamic (which is separate from Dynamic in Drive Select)

To answer the OPs question: I had an adaptive light fault in which after the start-up dance, one light would get stuck up and the other down. New light unit fitted under warranty.

Reactions: j0nny2013
'there is a setting in the MMI for amount of swivel; I have mine in Dynamic (which is separate from Dynamic in Drive Select)'

Well that could be my problem, I definitely see some swivel sometimes but not all the time. It may well be speed related. Where is this setting in the MMI? The only one I have found is a tickbox for adaptive lights on or off. By coincidence an RS4 pulled out of a service station next to me last night. I watched his headlight pattern on start up and his headlight 'dance' only had a brief flick outwards too.

there is a setting in the MMI for amount of swivel; I have mine in Dynamic (which is separate from Dynamic in Drive Select)

Just been out to the car to check.

My bad -sorry

It's the cornering light that can be changed to Dynamic, not the adaptive light.