Actuator warm flap (V198) error

D3mon

Reaction score
Keep getting this error logged. Anyone any ideas where you might find an 'actuator warm flap' in the car?

Hi,

I might be wrong but I think it is the part that opens and closes the flow to exhaust manifold so it will be on the side of manifold itself which should be on top of the engine. I had problem with it in my previous car, B6 Passat with 2.0TDI 170BHP engine. Complete exhaust manifold is expensive (£450) but I've bought second hand for £50 or £70, not sure now, and it was all fine after replacing.

Ah OK thanks. It said it was a heating/air conditioning system fault, so maybe that's where it takes warm air from the manifold. Happily the car is within warranty at the moment, so I'll just get it taken care of but wondered if it was something that I could just take a look at and pop back into place or something.

It might be different flap if it was shown within aircon sysytem. just similar name;-) Gas from manifold goes to exhaust system....

Ah OK thanks. It said it was a heating/air conditioning system fault, so maybe that's where it takes warm air from the manifold. Happily the car is within warranty at the moment, so I'll just get it taken care of but wondered if it was something that I could just take a look at and pop back into place or something.
Hi i know this is an old thread but just wondering if you got this sorted. I have the same fault coming up on my A6 but baffled as to how i might find this part.