1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

actual engine number location (1.8T)

teo420 Jul 26, 2011

1. teo420

teo420 Member

new and old engine code is APU.... I know where APU can be found.. what I am after is the whole engine number (APU030667)

where can I locate the 6 digits ???
    there is no time for me to re-register the car with the new engine so I might just redo the old number on the new engine

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  2. AR-rkon

AR-rkon Mod back in a "B" Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team V6 Team Silver Audi A6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Teo, the engine number is stamped on the block. Tbh, i have changed engines before, and not bothered changing the Engine no with DVLA (even when going from a 2.5 to a 3.2 :eyebrows:).

If your worried about resale, i'd have thought its unlikely that anyone would dig about for an engine no on a car thats f/s for less than 2k.

3. teo420

teo420 Member

not worried about sale... thought about taking the car to bulgaria and have it registered there... then i can pay only 100pounds insuarance per 3 month...
    worth the trip of 1800 miles and will enjoy 1 month holiday in my flat near the beach :)