1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Active Subs?

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by mramage, Jan 10, 2003.

1. mramage

mramage Member

[Jan 10, 2003]

Has anyone had any experience of these? I really need to keep the boot space and I'm looking at the panasonic ones which you can find below :

https://www.edworthys.co.uk/acatalog/Panasonic_Subwoofers.html

Any comments, good, bad, worth the money? I need more bass, but I need the space /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 27, 2014]

3. worfke

worfke Member

[Jan 10, 2003]
    mmmm I'm not sure a 12 cm driver will be able to produce good bass... Better to get something a little bigger maybe in a wooden enclosure for some added warmth in the sound?
  4. PunjabiA4

PunjabiA4 New Member

[Jan 10, 2003]
    not sure but about panasonic...but check out Infinity and Alpine active subs, bot make good quality subs and amps.
  5. mramage

mramage Member

[Jan 11, 2003]
    I am concerned about whether it can deliver enough from a small enclosure. I can't find any Alpine active subs and the Infinity one is too big /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I guess I'll wait and see what the std. S3 sub sounds like when I've got some proper control over it with the Alpine head unit.

Decisions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks for the input.
  6. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

[Jan 11, 2003]
    Haha - got the S3 then mark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I assume 'tis you with an abbreviated user name?

I have a (fairly) compact rockford fossgate12 with caliber 4channel amp atop which came from my A3 if you are interested, or want to try it for size.

My experience of active stuff like that is that you'll be ultimately dissapointed...
  7. mramage

mramage Member

[Jan 12, 2003]

Hi David. Yep, it's me. Finally got it. Love it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Could you pm the dimensions and a rough price. Gotta keep most of the boot and I sold the A4 complete with ICE.

8. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

[Jan 12, 2003]
    Will do.

Its stored in my old mans garage at the moment, I have measurements soon. We should meet up sometime and I'll bring it along and can discuss things then.

Cheers

Dave
  9. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

[Jan 12, 2003]
    Oh, the other thing is that it stays put under all but the wildest cornering (i.e. it has no permanent fastenings so can be removed easily for the good lady's shopping etc!)