Acoustic

MrLapou

Reaction score
With 44k miles on original windscreen, it picked up a stone chip...ahh
Windscreen guy, dropped by, said could not repair, new screen required.
Checked his van and he had the wrong screen.. Apparently the one on the car is "acoustic".

God, cars are becoming so complicated for a simple part like this.

Top sun band tint.
Rain sensor wipers.
and now acoustic.

Wonder what will be next on list for future windscreen designs??

Had heard of them but didnt know they were fitted to Audis. Acoustic windshields are the same as a standard windshield, but they have been made with a thin, sound absorbing technology between the glass that reduces the interior noise by 3dB overall, and even more in the frequency where people "hear" the human voice. You learn something new every day

In case of my car there are markings towards the bottom of the drivers side of the screen that has the word "Acoustic". Some may have an "ear symbol". Also if you tap the screen it makes a dulled noise.

When i spec'd up the new A3, it gave the option on there to have acoustic glass. Didnt realise they did it on the current shape though.

Chap from AA just finished replacing the windscreen using an original Audi one :).

Total time at job 1hr 15mins. He seemed very conscientious and methodical. 10/10 for a great job.
He commented, A3 was one of the easier screens to fit with very little trim , sensors etc to remove.

My car fitted with Bose, so was wondering, does the acoustic screen come standard if car has a Bose sound system?

So did you have to pay any extra to have an original audi windscreen put on as they always give me a crappy aftermarket one?

Chris

So your insurers use aa for windscreen replacements then? i think mine use autoglass who dont seem great

Chris