1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accident Blackspots

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by audi_girl, Dec 1, 2003.

1. audi_girl

audi_girl Active Member

[Dec 1, 2003]
    Accident Blackspots seem to be on the increase. How do I know this? Because the number of mobile camera van's, GATSO's, front-facing camera's, radar traps, laser traps and general speed traps is increasing.

Assuming these traps are put in places of danger, where accidents are caused by excess speed, we thought it would be good if we could warn other members of these dangerous spots on our roads!!!!!

Post away !
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 15, 2014]

3. acf8181

acf8181 Member

[Dec 1, 2003]
    you didn't see topgear last week (may have been two weeks ago)then?

apparantly of the 180 odd miles of roads considered to be accident blackspots (due to deaths and injuries), there are.......4 camera's!!

also, they had a chart detailing the amount of money 'raised' from speeding fines at it's increased by somethin like ten times over the last ten years...yet the number of deaths on the road has stayed the same!

reason for all the speed traps poping up everywhere is cause we're easy to get money out of....but they've never got any out of me!!! not even a parking ticket...and yes, i drive very fast!
  4. audi_girl

audi_girl Active Member

[Dec 2, 2003]
    No I did see it - read between the lines on my post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  5. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

[Dec 2, 2003]
    The A92 to Aberdeen had 4 cameras in and around a 50mph limit blackspot. The council upgraded the 2 dangerous junctions to overpasses, increased the speed limit to 70mph and then removed the cameras altogether - Respect /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif