Acceptable Audi build quality?

A3_TOBES

Reaction score
I've noticed a few annoyances re panel alignment on my A3 and wondered if it was the norm and to be accepted or not?

Top pic is where the bonnet lines up with the wing. From the inside (bonnet open) you can see daylight through a gap between the rubber and the wing. No daylight on the drivers side.

The 2nd pic shows the bottom of the boor not aligned properly as is with the drivers side.

eba00560751f00000002.jpg

Cheers for any info on if any of your cars ar similar?, not sure if i'm making a mountain out of a molehill?

Will pop into the dealership tomoz to see what they say.

funnily enough I've asked the dealer to look at mine as I've noticed the bonnet is out similarly to yours but I figured it was down to the little incident I've had in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

My bonnet and passenger door is the same, actually I fixed the passenger door myself. Just used a little bit of brute force and my knee to realign it - job done.

J.

[ QUOTE ]
My bonnet and passenger door is the same, actually I fixed the passenger door myself. Just used a little bit of brute force and my knee to realign it - job done.

J.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a gap between the top of the light/indicator and the top of the wing which should be taken up with the rubber seal?

eba00560751f00000004.jpg

Quick question re-dealerhips. I've never visited one yet and i'm in Sussex. Any recomemdations?

[ QUOTE ]
I don;t have a rubber seal.

J.

[/ QUOTE ]

pic added incase i've not indicated where i mean. Interesting if you have no seal because i've got one on either side, visable from the inside.

My wing/headlight is the same but not my door. I had thought about speaking to the dealer about it, but didn't think that much about it (until now). What (if anything) do you think they'll do about it?

[ QUOTE ]
My wing/headlight is the same but not my door. I had thought about speaking to the dealer about it, but didn't think that much about it (until now). What (if anything) do you think they'll do about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what they can do? Depends on the callibre of the dealer i guess. Maybe its the headlight/indicator unit sitting to low? Seems spot on on the drivers side.

Maybe if it seems common on the same side /passenger) its like it by design. Extra aiflow?

I gather everyone else's A3's are ok in these areas?

I don't want to look incase mine is the same and then it will something else that really /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif me off about the car...

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to look incase mine is the same and then it will something else that really /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif me off about the car...

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I don't have any rubber in those areas on either side. and the passenger side is worse than the drivers, same as yours!!

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have any rubber in those areas on either side. and the passenger side is worse than the drivers, same as yours!!

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, thanks for looking. Quite unusual tht you have no seals. Thought it maybe becuase I have Xenons but then noticed you do too. There only really visable from the inside with the bonnet open looking back on the headlights. The seal is between the wing and the light/indicator.

Cheers MB for the info on the door.

Take the car to Audi as they will just realine the doors.
Will not take them long.
Depends on your dealer though as a good dealer will be happy to sort this out for you.

Been away for a while but thanks for all the replies.

MarriedBlonde did you manage to check re: the seal between the indicator and the wing and does it have a visable gap from the inside? Does anyones have this gap?

cheers.

marriedblonde said:
Sorry matey, Not checked this thread for a little while, I'll have a look in the morning as my cars tucked up in the garage!

J.

Did u manage to have a look m8?