Acceleration Test Please

Biggles

Reaction score
Hello

If you have been reading my threads you will know I have been having low end performance problems with my Allroad.

Would some kind sole/s do a comparative acceleration test for me please as having never driven one before I am not sure what is normal. It could be it is, in which case it has to go!

My car is 2002 2.5 tdi Allroad.

The test I would like is:-

With the car at normal operating temperature with driver only report the time from 20-40 mph in 4th gear. On my car this equates to 1000rpm to 2000 rpm. On my test the car had 2/3 of a tank of fuel, but guess that will not make much difference to the outcome.

If I could get more than 1 result it would make a better average.

Cheers

Biggles

Other last resort to check:

Have you checked main dealers for alternative for one for sale. Main AUDI uk website will help you locate any current stock in used car section. Test drive of same car would really help you compare.

Alternative look for a Forum member not too far from you who may be happy to take you on a quick comparitive drive for a pint.

Hi,

I did this 5 times for you.
8 seconds four times, 7 seconds one time.
Most unscientific though

Full talk diesel, me, 12stone, and 4 year old

Power surge at 30mpg, ~ 1500 rpm

What did yours do?

cheers

Adam

Hello

Yes I agree not very scientific, but it if easy, and certainly when you see my results you will agree worthwhile.

13 seconds!!!!

Biggles

:eiertritt:

Got back from Audi today having done Gearbox Oil + the T piece that had split.

100% improvement in take off/ acceleration.

Part number of T Piece was 059133537 cost 1.50 + Vat.

It connectes to the vacume hoses that connect to Turbo.

May be worth asking garage to check all your vacume hoses for any leaks.

This I suspect was causing my gearbox to not change gear correctly!!!
Gearbox oil was a procution as had no record of it being done at the correct service.

Cheers
Hope this helps.

Hi,

It does sound slow, but I read elsewhere that it's fast at higher RPM ?
At what RPM/Speed in the acceleration test does the Turbo kick in? 1500 on mine.

Is your car 180 PS or the 163 PS, mine is an older 180 by the way, so you know if your comparing like for like.

The Turbo output is controlled by the vane mechanism that I'm sure you know about. I think the rubber hose delivers a vacuum to the mechanism that pulls the vanes open. I'm sure all the control stuff has been checked by the mechanics (probably with a hand held vacuum tester), but it might be worth finding out where the vacuum come from in the first place. I'm not a mechanic, but its makes sence to me if this is the inlet manifold. Is it possible that the nossle here is partially blocked? (if it exists I don't know)

Adam

Adam

Mine kicks at 2200rpm and is the 180 PS. Yes it is fast at high RPM

I have been messing with the vacuum tubes today. They all seem to be tight, and good vacuum being pulled.

I have seen the one on the turbo work, and it has also had the hand pump test.

I don't know what the other one is for though. It does not make any difference if it is connected or blanked off. Anyone know what that part is and does?

There are 2 other vacuum tubes, one connects to the air filter, the other disappears behind the ABS unit. It also seems to run behind the battery area bulkhead, but without pulling it about can see where it goes.

I have played with the N75. Certainly if I disconnect the Turbo one it has the same deadness throughout the revs, but with the other one disconnected not any noticeable difference.

Biggles

Hi,

I think you need to look at a few things next.

1. make sure the pipes are all OK and that they're connected the right way round with sensors not upsidedown or something crazy like that

2. find out whether the car ECU is receiving the right inforation from the sensors

3. find out whether the car ECU is asking for boost before 2200 RPM

I think you could do 1, with a workshop diagram, or by comparing a similar car.

for 2 and 3. Carry out your acceleration test and get vagcom to plot RPM, requested and delivered boost. You'll then maybe have a better idea on what's wrong

Adam

Now for some reason it is working much better today. Even my wife noticed it from the passengers seat.

Does the ECU learn how you drive I wonder?

Biggles

I was told my 1998 tip has ecu memory to work out how you like to drive in sport mode, so your all roader should definately have it.