Acceleration splurting :( S3

StevoS3

Reaction score
Hi guys, Well been having a problem witch iv already posted about previously regarding the S3 (2002) The cars seems totally fine when driving normal, but any sort of harsh acceleration like pullin out a bit quick to beat a bit of traffic or hamering it, it seems to sort of cut the power a bit, like almost missing a spark but I know its not I just dont know how to explain it. I didnt have this problem until a coil pack went on me. So got that replaced n that car was fine but then noticed this problem later on in the day. So had a the other 3 coils replaced and still had the problem, then set out to get a new MAF sensor as my dads mechanic said hes pretty sure that if it wasnt the coils it was the MAF sensor. Got that replaced n took it for a test drive lastnyt and tried everything that made it problem an it was fine an thot GREAT! sorted!

BUT! took the car for its MOT this morning all fine then on the way back it done it again... I'm about to start pulling my hair out and I just dont know what else to do. VAG.COM isnt showing any problems an I've noticed its only happens when the cars warmed up :crying:

Anyone know what it could be?? :Flush:

throttle body need cleaning ? one of the many miles of vacuum hoses got a leak ?
have you cleaned the MAF sensor ?

Sounds like it could be your ESP cutting in mate depending on how harsh acceleration you mean, it tends to cut in extremely harsh when pulling out of junctions if you boot it. One of the reasons mine is generally off during any form of spirited driving. Try driving with the ESP off and see if you still get the fault, you may have a fault with a sensor making the ESP act even more aggresively than normal.

Sounds like it could be your ESP cutting in mate depending on how harsh acceleration you mean, it tends to cut in extremely harsh when pulling out of junctions if you boot it. One of the reasons mine is generally off during any form of spirited driving. Try driving with the ESP off and see if you still get the fault, you may have a fault with a sensor making the ESP act even more aggresively than normal.

Well funny you should say that because before i got the coils replaced an it done it I just powered through it and it got really bad and im sure the ESP light flashed on the dash, but when im accelerating its no where near enough for the wheels to slip or anything. Ill give ur theory a try and get back to you.

Ryt well i tried turning the ESP off n I've still got the problem :( so thought I'd check some of the hoses and i found a couple of small tears on a couple of hoses. Got the mechanic next door to have a look n it doesnt look like there leaking or anythin, tried letting the car run and watches the hoses to see if I could hear any suction or anythin but doesnt look like it. Could these small tears maybe affect it? are they worth getting replaced?

53u7n7.jpg

On this pipe (below)

2yyyzy9.jpg

Last edited:
ok further investigation into the hoses revealed that the smaller hose's hole was right thru on the pipe side of the jublee clip ( i didnt even see that nick in the small hose till i was putting the pics on here lol ) so i chopped the **** bit off n re-attached the hose and took it for a spin. It only done it very slightly but im not sure if thats it just fixing itself building the pressure up again or what not lol I dnt know much about cars just the simples and its my first turbo :ermm: Cud anyone maybe explain wot the smaller hose is for? it attaches to the bottom of my forge dv.

I guess time will tell if it happens again coz I dont want to keep kicking its c*** in trying to make it mess up lol

Cud anyone maybe explain wot the smaller hose is for? it attaches to the bottom of my forge dv....

the small pipe to the dv is what connects via n249 to the inlet manifold for its vacuum signal to pull it open

Thanks man :icon_thumright: But it wasnt the hole in the pipe giving me the problem :(
still doin it! am gonna cry... fo'h real!

wots the bigger pipe for? would a small hole in that give me my problem?

A small hole in any of those pipes might give you a problem. Def best to get them sorted to see if it cures the problem

ryt wot exactly is the bigger hose called to get a new one? and wheres the best place to go?