1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acceleration and performance thread?

Discussion in 'Tuning' started by diffas, Sep 22, 2011.

1. diffas

diffas Member

I didn't found any topics of comparing acceleration/performance times of this forum cars.
    Would be nice to compare different cars and mods you have done, if any. Of course measuring should be
    done with some trustable equipment; like some gps based Racechrono, Tempes Gtx, Performance box etc.

Something like :
    40mph - 75mph 4.6s (3rd gear)
    50mph - 100mph 10.3s (3rd + 4th gear)
    60mph - 120mph 13.7s (4th + 5th gear)

Car is A4 B5 2.5TDi around 235hp @ 1700kg. Measured with Racechrono and starting acceleration 5 to 10mph before.

Is this just wasting time? :)
  2. Mackers

Mackers Member

ooooh, i have the same car as in it's a A4 2.5Tdi (150 tho) and was wondering where and how you got 235......
    i've mailed a few companies and they all giving various prices and final BHP figures, but none near your 235BHP
    REMAP WIZARD have Quoted 193BHP @ a cost of £189
    AMD Quoted "around 200BHP" @ a cost of £339
    REVO "don't do apparently"
    CELTIC TUNING Quoted 190BHP @ a cost of £300 (i think)
    TUNIT Quoted 180BHP @ a cost of £398 :O
    EVOLUTION CHIPS Quoted 180BHP @ a cost of £359
    and there was another company who rolling road the car before and after the remap, for about £350... any idea's who :S :S

any idea's on what to go for.
    Wayne
  3. diffas

diffas Member

I don't know about your local chiptuners because I'm from Finland. Stock setup is totally maxed out around 200+hp.
    I would go for safer 190hp. You can't expect same output power as I have because I've done some hw changes.
    There are new cleared/ported BDG heads, bigger nozzles from cummins 5.9 cr engine and bigger turbo.

Actually last time I posted I was little wrong about the power output.
    Just dynoed last weekend:
    [​IMG]