1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ABT front bumper lip/spoiler

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Black_B6, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Black_B6

Black_B6 Member

[Apr 6, 2012]
    Hi guys

Iv decided not to go down the route of getting a front bumper - as a modification, i previously had a thread discussing this and getting ideas and one of the ideas was the RiegerRS4plus bumper ..but i decided against getting a replacement front bumper as there are many that are not very good and the ones that do look decent are pricey - such as the RiegerRS4plus and a Oettineger one that i also liked - overall cost of buying, shipping, painting and fitting was quite alot - so decided against

As with most people, my absolute favorite is the Votex - but not seen one comes up anywhere in a while. There is a cheap chinese version on the web - jc sportline the company is called - and theyre based in china - making aftermarket copies...

A4 B6 Votex Body Kit-Front bumper

..however i dont know how good the fit would be - and whether i could add the original OEM mesh/plastic piece grilles...to try and make it look as OEM as possible...

Anyway - back to the question - iv not seen a ABT splitter avilable on eBay for abit - anyone know of a website i can buy from - where the fit would be good - anyone with any experience of this...

Like i say - most likely going to keep it straightforward and just wack on the ABT splitter....
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. Black_B6

Black_B6 Member

[Apr 10, 2012]
    bump up for replies...

just after a good quality abt lip
  4. Pabs

Pabs Active Member

[Apr 10, 2012]
    whats an ABT front splitter look like?? most splitters on the b6 are the seat leon one, they used to be £15 from seat but are not about £35,
  5. Black_B6

Black_B6 Member

[Apr 16, 2012]
    Its actually the bottom half of the bumper, the ABT bumper extension/replacement/splitter - whatever its called!

heres a picture

[​IMG]

So the bottom part of my bumper would come off - and the ABT bottom half would be attached on...
  6. Paul @ Unit

Paul @ Unit Active Member

[Apr 16, 2012]
    ive got a votex' well its stamped ms design in my garage, must get my finger out with it, need some grills
  7. Pabs

Pabs Active Member

[Apr 16, 2012]
    I see what you mean now, not seen many with that front bumper, i have the rear one in the garage i bought it from parts depot on ebay but never fitted it not seen a front one on there but maybe send them an email see if they can help you out

As for the copied ones i would not go near them, they are usually utter ****, never fit properly and will end up costing you alot more just to get them to look and fit right
  8. Black_B6

Black_B6 Member

[Apr 16, 2012]
    Did you by any chance get that off eBay? I remember seeing the bottom half of a Votex/MS DESIGNS around 4-6 months ago... had a buy it now for was it 160 quid or therabouts and was slightly damaged?

i was going to go for that - but when i found out the grilles cost around 80 each - i didnt go for it...
  9. Black_B6

Black_B6 Member

[Apr 16, 2012]
    This is it Pabs - too many poor quality replicas about - trying to keep away... which is why im hoping someone can direct me to a good quality one.

Even if its a copy - as long as its good quality and fits good

il see what 'parts depot' come back with - will drop them a message shortly
  10. Paul @ Unit

[Apr 16, 2012]
    Year got it off Ebay' No damage what so ever'

[​IMG]

didnt think and sure they not that dear the grills
  11. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

[Apr 16, 2012]
    the grills are stupidly high prices for what they are paul id put some nice wier mesh on it
  12. Paul @ Unit

[Apr 16, 2012]
    link to what mesh you thinking, just as a backup plan :)
  13. Black_B6

Black_B6 Member

[Apr 16, 2012]
    Just came across this whilst going through google images...

Its basically the ABT lower spoiler/lip - but modified - which makes it almost look like the Votex bumper. Not a bad alternative - seen as the Votex itself is difficult to pick up nowadays

More can be seen on here - to read up on how it was done - Modified ABT front splitter - uk-audis

Im thinking of possibly going down this route now

[​IMG]
  14. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 16, 2012]
    I quite like that. Dare I say it looks better than a Votex to me, the fit looks very good, and I like the lip at the bottom.
  15. amar06fbr

amar06fbr Vorsprung Durch Technik

[Apr 17, 2012]
    Looks likea good mod any more pics?

Were did you purchase the mesh from?
  16. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

[Apr 17, 2012]
    not looked on line for it mate but halfords did it a few mths back looked really good too
  17. Black_B6

Black_B6 Member

[Apr 17, 2012]
  18. Black_B6

Black_B6 Member

[Apr 17, 2012]
    Yes James - looks very good doesnt it and as i say - a very good alternative to the Votex....the only differnce being that the Votex is deeper/lower...

But IMO a very good alternative, aswell as a much cheaper alternative, to have a very similar look...

Also - as per usual, the LCR splitter may finish things off nicely....not entirely sure, as alredy a 'lip' on the bottom - but may well work nicely with the LCR splitter - just to make it look lower/deeper