1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ABT AS3

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by n00bie, Jun 6, 2009.

1. n00bie

n00bie Member

Aight chaps, finally some styling packages for us facelifted :) :arco:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

ABT has released a tuning kit for the facelift Audi A3. The tuner calls it AS3 and it's more than just a cosmetic surgery. Getting into the exterior detail first we see that ABT has modified a few components such as the front grille, the bonnet, the fenders and the front bumpers. Even the front LED lights have changed shape form the standard bulbs.

The rest of the bodywork is made up of new side skirts, a front spoiler insert, fender inserts and a rear apron. ABT's recognisable four tailpipe unit gives the cars more presence. ABT AR or BR alloy wheels measuring 18 or 19-inch are recommended for the AS3. The suspension has been lowered by 35mm to improve handling and agility.

For power ABT extracted even more juice out of the standard units in order to match looks with performance. So the baseline 1.4 TSI which normally comes in at 92kW (125hp) has been increased to 118kW (160hp). Audi produces a standard 118kW (160hp) 1.4 TSI as well but that has been bumped up to 154kW (210hp). The 2.0-litre petrol gets the most boost from what is comparatively a pedestrian 147kW (200hp) to 177kW (240hp).

On the diesel side the 2.0 TDI is puffed up to either 125kW (170hp) or 140kW (190hp) depending on where in the power band it starts in its normal life. ABT says fuel consumption and engine reliability have not been affected by these power increases.

Thoughts? :uhm:
  2. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Its ok, doesnt mate me go wow, which is same as the S3 SB I saw today at dealers, didnt really make me go wow either, its a nice car but if I saw the rocco on road & the S3 sportback I think I'd prefer rocco tbh & more & more I see 4 piped rear ends I'm not liking, it just doesnt suit the 8P, but have ideas on this anyway.
  3. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

I like front front bumper add on and also the wheels. Rear looks too fussy and the skirts a bit chavvy. The wing vents are nasty too.
  4. 10blazin

10blazin HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

i like caractere's 09 audi a3 much better..... its v nice

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cabriolet quite nice to

[​IMG]
  5. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

that is **** front as they've just stuck those front fog areas on, doesnt look good at all from what seen so far.
  6. 10blazin

naw looks good dude most of all i like caractere rocco

[​IMG]

or this mmmmn mnnn

[​IMG]
  7. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

ah man the rocco is lovely man, really is a nice looking car & something to consider now tbh except for the interior.
  8. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

Roccos are awesome, only faults I found with them is the dashboard looks outdated already by the mk6 golf and they are a pain in the ass to get in and out of.
  9. Xerohour

Xerohour Member

I love the VW looks and interior but 20 mins into the test drive i was suffering from cronic back pain. The scirocco just aint cut out for 6ft+ hence why i ended up with an A3
  10. 10blazin

i love that red rocco pic but an interior is mega inportant to me if its **** i just wouldnt buy it ....
  11. ~RS~

~RS~ Active Member

Those caractere wheels are nice, like a blend between the pre-facelift S3 wheels and RS4's... Like the rocco myself

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. 10blazin

yeah the ones on the a3 are they same but matt black with machine face ......nice

[​IMG]
  13. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The S3 fronts are identical bar the foglights,think the bad boy look is all over these models front wise.