1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ABS

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by moll73, Apr 18, 2007.

1. moll73

moll73 New Member

[Apr 18, 2007]
    hi everyone, new to all this so if i dont get the technical stuff then shoot me. i have an audi a6 2.5 tdi, in the last few days it has developed a fault the brake warning light and the abs light keep coming on get three beeps and the brake light just flashes, is this a major do not drive it thing?:sos: only got a three hour drive to do need to no if i should stay home
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. SMITH MEISTER

SMITH MEISTER New Member

[Apr 18, 2007]
    I had same problem on my A4 recently, it turned out to be ABS control module (a common fault). This will only affect abs/asr functions so it will just be like driving a car that doesnt have ABS. I drove mine for several weeks like this, no problems.
  4. maxlbrown

maxlbrown Deep Blue

[Apr 19, 2007]
    For audi to replace its 1400 i used a comapy in florida Great guys cos 360 dollars for them to repair the unit for life.

http://www.autoecu.com/

I sent my unit over continued to drive the car. You will need to separate the pump from the ECU. On the a6 its fiddily but worth the effort.

collected when i went on holiday. though they will send back via parcel post.

Also BBreman in the UK but are twice the price than the US.

Hope this helps

Max