1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ABS WARNING LIGHTS??

blanc Sep 18, 2011

1. blanc

blanc Member

Hi All

Sometimes the abs and traction control warning lights come on on my car, it has a mind of its own when it comes on but turns back off when I turn off and back on the ignition.

It is readingy abs fault 1 , I have replaced the brake pedal switch which did not cure the problem. The mechanic feel it is either the abs thrust switch or the abs pump. Any Ideas?

Car is a 2003 Quattro TDI 2.5 and an auto.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  2. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

ABS switch on the hub?

3. AudiLeon

AudiLeon Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Got a brake light bulb out?

4. Dibs_h

Dibs_h New Member

5. blanc

blanc Member

Neither both good, yesterday when the lights came on I had to break hard and the abs did not work , the front locked up so whatever is happening when the lights come on together the abs is being turned off. Any Ideas>

6. marktdisport

marktdisport Active Member

if the lights on then you have a intermittant fault probably have a dodgy wheel hub sensor, mine comes on at least once every few months usually when a bit wet like you say turn off ignition and restart and lights goes off again !!! mine is a dodgy wheel hub sensor....
    if the light's showing then the abs should be disabled.... same as the air bag light if its on they dont work