ABS Sensor or Module?

Crazypete00

Reaction score
Hi,

had abs and esp lights flash up on the way into work a few days ago. quick scan with VCDS gives me the following codes.

65535 - Internal Control Module Memory Error
00-00 - -
00283 - Front Left ABS Wheel Speed Sensor (G47)
35-10 - - - Intermittent
16-10 - Signal Outside Specifications - Intermittent
01130 - ABS Operation
27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

i cleaned up the abs sensor and cleared the codes. The lights came back on about an hour later but this time only this code is showing.

35-10 - - - Intermittent

do you think its just the Sensor or the module?

thanks dave, for that price i'll change them all and see what happens.

thanks

Can't see the link to the sensors but I'd recommend getting OEM ones...

I have had a few mates buy the cheap non OEM items and they failed either pretty much within the first 50 miles or over shot period of time.. (less than 6 months)

I had to replace my sensors before as I had major ABS issues- got them from TPS and they are still working perfectly 3 years on.

having issues with mine, I've got 00285 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor; Front Right (G45) 35-00
and
00285 16-10
as well as for the ABS control module:
01316 - ABS Control Module 79-10 Intermittent

Tried to replace the front right ABS sensor but the old one did not come out easily (hammering, drifts, you get the idea), and I was hoping the new one would go in easier, which it hasn't.. have decided i might need a file to have a go at the mounting hole, it really won't go in as it stands.

Any suggestions? =/ gotta put her through the infamous TÜV inspection on wednesday and currently rocking ABS and TCS check lights !

Cheeers