1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ABS Output Tests

eca02apc Jan 16, 2012

1. eca02apc

eca02apc New Member

Hi All,

Long-time viewer, new poster here!

I've overhauled the brakes and performed a bleed of all 4 callipers, plus the clutch on my 2003 A4 1.8TQ, but the pedal still seems soft to me, with bite only starting around 1/4" from the top of the pedal. I suspect it may be due to air in the ABS module as the pedal firms up a little after doing a hard stop and making the ABS cut in.

I would like to perform the ABS output test whilst bleeding the brakes again, but I can't get it to work :-( Using the output test just comes back with test complete immediately and without running the ABS pump or anything. I followed the Ross-tech guide but to no avail - same test complete problem.

I've got a fully registered version of VAG-COM 409.1 but one of the cheap blue USB cables from eBay. Is this where my problem lies, or am I missing something?

Many thanks for your help.

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Check on Ross-techs site of comparison of products.

3. eca02apc

eca02apc New Member

Comparing interfaces or software version? Do you have a link?

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Ross-Tech: VCDS: Function Table

If still in doubt, contact RT to see if you require the better cable for the specific access to the tests you're doing, if so then give me a shout as I sell this interface.