ABS not working??

skooby

Reaction score
hi there

though this is not about my A3 2.0TFSI Q thought id ask here as poeple are very knowleageble, my wifes mini dooper 2001's ABS does not work propley the car iether locks up straight away under full braking or the ABS fires then locks up and the back end tries to come round very scary no ABS warning light come on though so wouldnt know that it wasnt working!!

bought it from Mazda last week they are looking at it but say no fault is showing so if they cant fix the problem they will take it to BMW Mini to investigate.

but they say they cant take it on a road test and do 60 mph and then an emergence brake to recreate the problem health and safty issues.

any ideas as to what my cause such a problem.

thanks Skooby

My advice would be to return it to them immediately and ask for you money back while you still have rights. State that it is not fit for purpose and hand them back the keys. But you need to do it quickly

realy!!!!

they siad they will fix it do i have any right to return, im not sure i do??

skooby

If a car is unsafe or not fit for purpose (screwed brakes would qualify) then you can just hand back the keys, but I think you only have 7 days
(might be 14)

skooby said:
... but they say they cant take it on a road test and do 60 mph and then an emergence brake to recreate the problem health and safty issues...

Skooby, if they said that to me, my reply to the dealer would be "If this is a health and saftely issue for you, what about my wife when she is driving it, would you want her to try it while she is driving instead?"

It's a straight up return and money back case in my eyes. ABS failure after one week of ownership (even though its used) is not acceptable.

Good luck with it.

i know b****y health and safty.

waiting to see what they say if they say car ok then its "i dont waont it ill get BMW to do an idependent check on it"

already been to them and told them of the symtoms and they said that not right. but also did say may only be a sticking brake calibra which would not show up as an ABS fault, so ill wait and see and report back.

should of bought a used A3 lol

Skooby

update from BMW mini say they can find no electronic fault and believe it the rear brake calibers sticking so are going to repace them.

does this sound correct to you guys.

thanks skooby

update:

been to bmw mini had rear brake calerbras fittes said it was fixed.

just tested to abd car locked up the wheel ans skidded again mazda dealership said i could have my money back so i said ok.

bl**dy minis

skooby

Good result, now go and buy another A3

Or you could always buy an MX5 :)

That's good news how i see it, forget your troubles and get another A3 :icon_thumright: