ABS light wont go out..

ALPINE

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost
Reaction score
as titled. Abs light wont go out.

Any ideas? Im away from home so aint got me V com.

:icon_thumright:

Could be anything from a wheel sensor seeing you have has the brakes and suspenion apart, a broken CV ring, wirirng fault,ABS ECU failure....

Needs to be Vagcom'd

hope it aint the latter. brakes seem ok. hoping its just a speed sensor or somthing. 2 kids and 80 miles from home with no brakes would be bad!

I had this mate... Then I read somewhere about the following...
There should be 3 fuses ontop of the battery, try replacing or just fiddling with the left hand side fuse I think it is. After I did this the light went out :) happy days

Wheel speed sensor would be my bet mate. The brakes wont fail because of it so you'll be OK driving it for now.

I had this mate... Then I read somewhere about the following...
There should be 3 fuses ontop of the battery, try replacing or just fiddling with the left hand side fuse I think it is. After I did this the light went out :) happy days

Fuses or connector may have moved out, have a look and give a clean

I have just taken the car out for a test drive without the wife and kids and slammed the brakes on from about 40 mph. the brakes deffo work i also noticed the abs light flickering which would indicate somthing loose. i will report back hopfully with the problem solved.

dont suppose anyone has a picture vof where this speed sensor is do they?

:)

mine does this, it will come back on...just you wait.

its a totaly random on and off thing. need to vagcom :(

My 1.8TS did this, annoyin... was a 2 second fix. It was the sensor on top of the brake fluid reservoir: took it off, unplugged the sensor from the cap, WD40'd it all, put it back together, job done!