1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

abs issue

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by fARQUARE, Sep 17, 2011.

1. fARQUARE

fARQUARE Member

hello, after replacing my rear disks/pads this week i'm getting the abs module pulsating under 10 mph on light braking.

The old abs rings were re used and i suspect this is the issue, the garage who fited the disks re checked and cleaned the sensors for me to try to resolve but it's still doing it. I have ordered 2 new rings which should be on by tuesday, do you think this is likely to solve the problem?

I put vcds on and notices 2 things:

1) the r/o/s wheel seems to be slower to respond to changes in speed - would this cause the issue? and;
    2) i kept getting kicked out of the abs control module when the vehicle was moving - is this the way it's supposed to work, low speed only?

i ran the car with the abs fuse out for a few hundred yards and the brakes were fine (as expected) but the light and buzzer sounded.

what's your money on, sensor or rings?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!"
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

1- The rings probably damaged. However it might be that the sensor is covered in ****, or has been pushed back away from the ring.

2- yes thats normal, it cuts off at about 10kph

4. fARQUARE

fARQUARE Member

sorted, right rear abs rotor replaced and normal business resumed.
    Thanks