1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

abs issue

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by fARQUARE, Sep 17, 2011.

1. fARQUARE

fARQUARE Member

[Sep 17, 2011]
    hello, after replacing my rear disks/pads this week i'm getting the abs module pulsating under 10 mph on light braking.

The old abs rings were re used and i suspect this is the issue, the garage who fited the disks re checked and cleaned the sensors for me to try to resolve but it's still doing it. I have ordered 2 new rings which should be on by tuesday, do you think this is likely to solve the problem?

I put vcds on and notices 2 things:

1) the r/o/s wheel seems to be slower to respond to changes in speed - would this cause the issue? and;
    2) i kept getting kicked out of the abs control module when the vehicle was moving - is this the way it's supposed to work, low speed only?

i ran the car with the abs fuse out for a few hundred yards and the brakes were fine (as expected) but the light and buzzer sounded.

what's your money on, sensor or rings?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Sep 17, 2011]
    1- The rings probably damaged. However it might be that the sensor is covered in ****, or has been pushed back away from the ring.

2- yes thats normal, it cuts off at about 10kph
  4. fARQUARE

fARQUARE Member

[Sep 20, 2011]
    sorted, right rear abs rotor replaced and normal business resumed.
    Thanks