1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ABS Intermittent fault - VAGCOM no response

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by gmx, Sep 13, 2013.

1. gmx

gmx Member

[Sep 13, 2013]
    Ok, I know this is most likely the ABS module itself (the code was specifically, "intermittent electrical fault between cluster & ABS module).

BUT, a BIG BUT, I cannot access the engine module via VAGCOM to check for codes/take logs.
    This is the second B5 I have seen with such a problem. Roughly 3-4 years I vaguely remember trying to VAGCOM a friend's car and his ABS module was intermittent, in the middle of logging it would lose connection to the engine module if the ABS fault came on.

Has anyone else experienced this?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 21, 2014]

3. Sulli79

Sulli79 Active Member

[Sep 13, 2013]
    I haven't, but I'm sure I read before about it, I think that they disconnected the module prior to the scan as I think it's signal overpowers/corrupts the Kline. Got to be worth a go for the sake of a plug.
  4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Sep 13, 2013]
    Its not unheard of that when the ABS module dies, it jams the K-Line.

Try pulling the electrical plug out of the ABS module and see if you can communicate with the ECU/Cluster
  5. Ian2012

Ian2012 Active Member

[Sep 15, 2013]
    i have seen this before and it's not unusual at all, time for abs module repair