ABS FAULT - 01316 PLEASE HELP

bug

Reaction score
Evening Chaps!

Still got my ABS fault and wondered if anyone could please help me.....

Had the car code read and the faults being brought up are:

01316 - ABS Control Module No Signal/Communication
00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85) No Plausible Signal
3803 - Steering Angle Sensor for Steering Aid

I've been told the steering angle sensor fault is as a result of the ABS fault. So I need to fix the ABS fault first.

Looking on Ross Tech it says the following:

01316 - ABS Control Module 01316 - ABS Control Module: No Signal/Communication Possible Causes
  • Wiring/Connector(s) from/to ABS Control Module faulty
  • Fault(s) stored in ABS Control Module
Possible Solutions
  • Check Wiring/Connector(s) from/to ABS Control Module
  • Check Measuring Value Blocks (MVB)
    • Usually Measuring Value Blocks (MVB) 125+ show the current Communication Status

So it seems I need to look at the wiring connector onto the ABS pump?

If anyone has experienced this fault or can help me at all it would be much appreciated :)

Thanks all,
Christian

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi NHN,

Check the two fuses in the engine bay fuse box, both are fine. Used a scotch pad to remove any corrosion to make sure the connection is good.

Any ideas how you remove the connector block from the ABS pump NHN?

Yeah the top of the connector actually pulls upwards to release a locking/latch piece, so the connector itself can slide out sideways.

Ah lovely job, thats just what I wanted to know! Thank you!

Once the connector is free do you recommend I check all the pins on the connector block? Is there anywhere else where its worth looking other than the connector block?

Well check with a multimeter the -/+ to make sure this at least works.

Will do NHN, I'll report back with my findings. Praying it isn't going to be a new

Will do NHN, I'll report back with my findings. Praying it isn't going to be a new ABS pump!

I had a similar problem with a previous car, and spend a fortune, I had 2 new wheel bearings, 2 new abs sensors, sent my abs control module away to be checked repaired and still had a problem it turned out to be the wheel bearing I put in we're faulty as tha abs rings weren't correct from manufactures, I had the no communication fault code, mine would drive to start off with but then ESP would kick in and I wouldn't be able to accelerate unless I turned ESP off
of
hope this helps

Hi Craig, thanks for your input! Will check over all of the sensors etc before pulling my ECU out!

Going to have a nose tomorrow, try and figure whats going on....

Checked over the car the other day, looking at the wheel bearings and the connector block onto the abs pump. All seems to be well, cleaned contacts on each abs sensor and checked there was power to and the contacts were clean on the connector block to the abs pump.

Going to take the pump off on Monday and ship it off for testing.