1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ABS/ESP LIGHTS ON

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by mike-turbo, Feb 8, 2010.

1. mike-turbo

mike-turbo Member

Hi can someone point me in the right direction as i need to clear these codes as my mot is weeks away.my car is a audi s3 8l 03 reg bam engine. the codes i am getting are
    00285 abs wheel sensor:front right sensor(G45) 35.00

01316 abs control modual 79-10 intermittent
    the thing is i have bought two new wheel sensors and made no differents.And also sent my abs control unit off two have it checked of a cost of £100 two say it was all ok.now i have refitted it all iam still getting these codes and they won't clear.any idea's.

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. burnsy_b

burnsy_b New Member

i would of thought you'd have been able to clear the ABS control module fault bcoz its showing as intermittent. have you tried clearing them seperatly as appose to selecting CLEAR ALL DTC'S???

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Also have you even checked the loom before changing sensors & having abs controller checked?

5. mike-turbo

mike-turbo Member

yes i can clear the abs modual but when i log back in it is back on there.as for the front abs sensor it will not clear.so iam going to test the wires at the abs wheel sensor tonight.

6. NHN

Brake dust collects around the sensor, so its not beyond possibility its got **** in the connector or loom has over time become damaged or just wear/tear, certainly something to check mate huh given rest has been checked.

7. mike-turbo

mike-turbo Member

I've checked the plug that is connected to the front right wheel sensor, i put a multimetor on it and it reads nothing no volts at at all.what should it read?

8. NHN

Check the working side mate then compare.