1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abs and traction control warning light

Wels1 Oct 9, 2013

1. Wels1

Wels1 New Member

Hi,
    I have a 2004 Audi A3 and my Abs and Traction control light come on after around 40mph and stay on until i turn the ignition off, anyone had this problem and possible causes? Also how I can fix this problem? Thanks

2. T33_BKD

T33_BKD Cruiser

Hi, I currently have this on my 06 2.0tdi, a scan shows that it's the rear right abs sensor/wheel bearing. After reading a few threads on here suggests that replacing the wheel bearing fixes this(common fault) . Perhaps a scan will give you more info. I'm Looking to get the wheel bearing replaced soon, but not in any rush as it's not really causing any other problems.

3. J8TT X

J8TT X Member

I had this the other day, it came on and off for 2 days and now has gone.
    You need to get it scanned and it will tell you what's wrong.

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

As already advised, it needs a scan tbh as there are various possible reasons for this, from steering rack, to abs sensors, bearings, steering angle sensor etc.

5. CraigWonn8P

CraigWonn8P New Member

I have the exact same problem at the moment. Nightmare as I'm looking to sell up soon.

6. jayjay11

jayjay11 New Member

Same thing happened on my 55 TDI It needed a new abs unit there is an electronic part that is failing common I was told got a refurb part x unit all fitted by my local independent garage for £120.00