ABS and ESP warning

daviem1

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the site. My ABS and ESP warning lights come on if i sit at around or above 85mph for 2-3 mins. Once on it stays on till i turn ignition off. I changed the rear disc recently and the ABS rings seemed fine. Any ideas?:uhm:

Did you clean the sensor?? it deffo sounds like a dodgy reading from somwhere, and the ESP and ABS get their signals from the same sensor AFAIK

I have had this on my 2003 A4 1.9Tdi Sport.

Don't panic!

In my case, I had damaged the microswitch that is under the brake pedal. This was causing the car to get upset because the car was braking but the lights and engine didn't think it should be. After a while the ESP light came on too at about 80mph. Getting VAGCOM or any other ECU diagnostics will detect this.

I also had the same issue on my 1998 A4 1.8T Sport - this time it had the same issues but was the actual sensor. I sorted mine by cleaning the sensor and making sure that there is no dirt around it. Reseating it seemed to do the trick. If not, I found the sensor for about £100 from GSF in Reading.

If you need an abs sensor let me know. I have all four from my 2000 S4 which I am breaking.
Audi ones retail at £119 new

John

Brixo is right, its either the brake light switch or it could even be a bad bulb connection

had it on mine about two weeks ago, only occurred after braking at a roundabout

Simon