1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About to pull the trigger on an 8p3 1.8tfsi, but they got the mileage wrong wtf?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by coolevilangel, May 14, 2012.

1. coolevilangel

coolevilangel Member

[May 14, 2012]
    Short version: lol
    Went to see an 58plate a3 sportback at my local stealer, wasnt the spec i liked so they showed me an black '09 1.8 tfsi s line with 16921 on the clock that was down south a ways by a few hours. spec looked good, has the blacked out grill and the black edition wheels, pics looked good, and they can ship it up to my local for me
    Deal, i said...
    Salesman calls me a couple hours ago and says the car has arrived (brilliant!)
    He mentions it has the ami port i enquired about, but that the mileage has somehow been taken down wrongly
    It has in fact actually 27k!
    Asked me what could he do to make the deal go through?
    I said i cant say anything until i see the condition of the car, as i thought with it being only 16k that it be minty mint!
    Am not happy to say the least...
    So im off to the garage first thing tomorrow morning and have a look at the condition.
    Im really hoping its in A1 cond tbh so they can take some moneys off the price
    Did the deal at £14k
    What should i be asking off the price, or extras etc??
    Opinions appreciated please
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 28, 2014]

3. slade777

slade777 Member

[May 14, 2012]
    For 16k miles £14k was a good price. I would go look but be prepared to walk out as they are obviously desperate for the deal.
    Obviously be cheeky and say £13 or 13,500..
  4. TomMycroft

TomMycroft Member

[May 14, 2012]
    id go for £12,800 but try close the deal around £13,200-£13,300. sounds fair for another 10k millage? lol good luck dude
  5. coolevilangel

coolevilangel Member

[May 14, 2012]
    was thinking of asking them to source and install the top spec aat nav/audio unit and a couple other things but will see what they say
    Any other options im missing considering?
  6. coolevilangel

coolevilangel Member

[May 14, 2012]
    is there anything i should look out for when looking over the car?