About to place he order for an S3

AndrewMD

Reaction score
About to place an order for a s3 sportback black edition coming from an a4 190 ultra sport.

what are the MUST HAVE options that i need to tick so I won't regret it? I can park, so none of those!!

Many thanks

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Folding mirrors
Panoramic sunroof
Rear camera helps when parking.
Get virtual cockpit if you want but i think its overpriced as you have to add tech pack with it.
The standard speedo looks nice anyway.

It shows how this is really a personal thing and no matter what we say, it's really your preference that matters.
I don't give a hoot about folding mirrors, pano or camera for example.
Mine isn't a BE, so I added privacy glass, virtual cockpit / Tech Pack plus but regret not getting B&O.
But the BE comes with everything I'd need to a certain degree.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and AndrewMD
Stronic , Ara Blue, 19" wing arm alloys, mag ride. There are many other items I would tick, but those would be my essential options.

Reactions: MattSedg, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Oh yeah. S Tronic was a must for me too!

Don't skimp on paint choice ie don't do the no cost option black or white flat paints, don't do too many options megabucks and will put your road tax up to £450 a year

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Djs3saloon
My options are

Privacy glass
B&O
Super sports seats, more for looks than anything else
S tronic
VC/Tech Pack advanced

For me the musts out of those are the S tronic, B&O and the VC, I could live without privacy and super sports as they are more visuals than anything else.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Security, security and more security. Far too many pride-and-joy S3 being nicked these days.

Folding mirrors, handy when reverse parking as the NS one dips so that you can see that back alloy!

I've just ordered a Sportback DSG (non Black) too and was keen to keep below the 40k VED threshold. Went with:

Matrix LEDs
Tech Pack (Virtual Cockpit)
Navarra Blue
Comfort and Sound Pack with parking assist (B&O, Park System Plus)
Privacy
Folding Mirrors
40/20/40 Split seat

In order of importance to me.

Reactions: Dunedin and Audi Bairn
I also missed mentioning the paint colour and STronic as I kinda take them for granted.
Both top of the list for me too.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Don't skimp on paint choice ie don't do the no cost option black or white flat paints

THIS!!

You'll get many differing opinions on here but the basic fact is that the S3 is actually very well specced as standard and even more so on the BE which gets B&O too. You can argue about tech packs, virtual cockpit, folding mirrors and all manner of things but, if you don't particularly lust after any of those then I don't think you'll miss them.

In that case then, as jassy says, get the paint colour right and your choice of gearbox and just stick with standard spec.

don't do too many options megabucks and will put your road tax up to £450 a year

Welcome to my world :(

Reactions: AndrewMD and Jassyo06
I've just ordered a Sportback DSG (non Black) too and was keen to keep below the 40k VED threshold. Went with:

Matrix LEDs
Tech Pack (Virtual Cockpit)
Navarra Blue
Comfort and Sound Pack with parking assist (B&O, Park System Plus)
Privacy
Folding Mirrors
40/20/40 Split seat

In order of importance to me.
All of them options and you kept the cars RRP under £40k

Thanks for the info

I was going for Black, but I do like the navarra blue. And it will be auto. Drove manual and S tronic yesterday and the auto was so much better then I thought it was
Yes the BE has B&O and privacy glass, big tick there! Haven't seen the V Cockpit in real life but thinking about it, but not sure it's going to be worth the extra £££
Thanks for the feedback folks, photos when it arrives!!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Thanks for the info

I was going for Black, but I do like the navarra blue. And it will be auto. Drove manual and S tronic yesterday and the auto was so much better then I thought it was
Yes the BE has B&O and privacy glass, big tick there! Haven't seen the V Cockpit in real life but thinking about it, but not sure it's going to be worth the extra £££
Thanks for the feedback folks, photos when it arrives!!
I think VC is very good, 2nd car I've had with it and I'd definitely spec it again. However if you've never had it you're not missing out massively, I wouldn't blow your budget for it.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and AndrewMD
My musts are just folding mirrors, b and o and tints. So a black editon with folding mirrors is spot on. IMO

Reactions: AndrewMD