About a week to go

skooby

Reaction score
Getting a bit excited now as im expeting in about a week or so my new A3 2.0T FSI Q SLine Sp. ED. Phantom Black, Bose, Ipod, Heated Seats.

Couple of question i was thinking od getting a arm rest retro fitted is this wearth while?

To chip or not to chip that is the question?!?!

how long/miles should i wait before getting a chip done what are your experiances with the stealers as regard the chip. i here some even get it done for youand therefore honour the warrenty that would be very good.

what sort of 0-60 time could i expect from a chip upgrade.

Thanks Skooby

bet you cant wait !

oh, and defaintely chip !

Welcome to the foum Skooby, have a look on superchips webs tei and there is an article on there regrading your model with some perf times, I think ht earticle was from Audi Driver.

The arm rest is a welcome addition to the interior although I think it would be more use if you had the DSg instead of manaul, I've got one and I love it.

different people will advise different miles for chipping your car, I know some poeple on here have had it done from new, personally I would wake a few thousand miles befroe doing it to get used to the car, let every thing settle down and make sure theres no major isses with your car - there shouldn;t be!!!!

J.

well good choice of motor mate if i do say so myself!!! definately chip and you'll be amazed just what you can get out of the lump........or should that be just how much manufacturers restrict them thesedays!!!

Good advice from MB though would wait and let everything settle down for a few thousand before remapping.

Look at ADS in preston who use REVO remap and also amd who have a good reputation out there too. Not convinced by superchips but each to his own

p.s i aint no expert and havent timed anything but assuming the 7.0 manufacturers time is accurate for the standard car, i reckon with REVO this would be down to about 6.0 - 6.2ish but sure that will be open to debate!!
its the torque curve where you notice the remap significantly - it just keeps pulling throughout all the gears and rev range

I've not personally used Superchips but most of the companies offer similar remaps and superchips just happen to have a review on thier site, or they did!

But saying that there are people running the Revo code, AMd remaps, superchips software, custom code and everyone seems to be happy - looks like you pays your money you takes your chances!

J.

wasnt having a pop mate, was just saying like you did that there is so much out there now that as long as you are happy with the end result and service etc thats the main thing!!

Personally I'd be very wary of chipping a car which is under warranty.

Firstly, it will void the warranty, end of. The warranty is provided by the manufacturer and if Audi catch wind that you've chipped it they're not going to honour it.

Of course you could well get away with this in practice, either by removing the mod (if possible) before the dealer gets their hands on it so they (hopefully) will never know. Alternatively the dealer could turn a blind eye to it or, as you suggest, even do it themselves. In these cases it's not up to them to honour the warranty or not, they'll just not tell Audi that it's been modded and continue to claim off them for any warranty work that needs doing. Of course if Audi UK discovered what they were up to then they'd be in a spot of bother but that's not your problem.

i think your right about waiting a few 1000 miles before going fo a chip sounds like a sensable idea.

as to the warrenty that and insurance would be my concern but i some Audi dealer do the chip or send it off for you to get chip surely they must have to honour the warrenty no matter what.

otherwise that would be like servicing your car tehn say you havent had it swervice properly.

skooby