1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aaaaargh wet footwell!

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by 88A4v6, Oct 4, 2010.

1. 88A4v6

88A4v6 New Member

Was getting some stuff out of the back seat and noticed that my rear driver's side footwell is absolutely sodden! I can't see where the water could be coming from, no sunroof or anythin - is there a common leak spot that ends up at the back? Like maybe a leak under the front scuttle works it's way to the back?

Cheers in advance!

P.
  2. 88A4v6

88A4v6 New Member

Just found out that the blower has stopped working as well, and the climatronic is doing the same strange display as it did the last time the blower blew a fuse - d'ya think it could be leaking through the pollen filter due to a blocked scuttle drain, down through (fusing) the blower motor, and then making it's way into the back? I didn't get a chance to check the passenger footwell...
  3. CHRIS555

CHRIS555 DOPE with added OCD

4. 88A4v6

88A4v6 New Member

Cheers Chris! Problem diagnosed, I think. Went out for a smoke at tea break, pulled the scuttle cover off and it's swimming with water, so looks like I have a blocked drain. Happily my blower motor seems to have dried out enough to work again as well! I'll need to whip the battery out, soak up the water, then go drain-hunting - any ideas where they are?
  5. scott b

scott b Active Member

just next to the battery there is a rubber bung, push this out with a long screw driver, then step back and watch all the water piss out
  6. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I think there's a second one under the battery too.
  7. murran

murran Active Member

one under the battery tray and one just under the brake servo.