1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

aaaaaaaaaargh !!!!!

djb83 Feb 21, 2010

1. djb83

djb83 redline responsibly

right here goes last week my power steering rack went and died on me so got a new 1 so i got the car back £33o later and now it's making a squeeling noise mabye the pump has ran dry so i think i'm on the lookout for a power steering pump any 1 got 1 spare for cheap cheap lol

2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Whats the fluid level like? noisy power steering is normally down to low fluid levels...

<tuffty/>

3. djb83

fluid is full tuffty they put new fluid in when they changed the rack so thats why am thinking pump maybye ?

4. golf

golf ***** rent boy VCDS Map User

I had mine replaced recently, and the pump was making a whine for about 5-10 minutes afterwards because all the fluid hadn't circulated properly, but it's all fine now. Check your fluid level and top up if necessary.

5. djb83

checked the fluid after running for a while and its full tho it was frothy !!!!! dont think its supposed to be more moneys going on the ess3 me thinks :motz: