1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A8OC - An update

Discussion in 'A8/S8 forum' started by A8_Tony, Aug 29, 2009.

1. A8_Tony

A8_Tony Member

[Aug 29, 2009]
    Well guys, I think I've come back down to planet Earth since the Germany meet two weeks ago, boy am I missing those open roads, the great driving, the superb weather, the witty banter, and the simply great beer :rockwoot:

It's been a busy week at work, what with a change of role just before I went away, and spending 4 out of 5 days away from the office, but that's another story.

The A8OC is growing, and growing fast. The trip to Germany really did up the numbers of paid up members. I'm glad to say that the registered numbers who were interested has now gone up from 43, to 72, and paid members has gone from 13, to 32. That means that the international paid up membership, outweighs the UK paid membership, and they don't get half the benefits!!!

I'm in the process of updating the website, writing the next newsletter (should be an absolute doozie, 3 meets to report on, and various other goings on too), negotiating with potential suppliers for club discounts, and planning for next years Annual Meet.

And this is where I now need you guys.

It is planned to hold an AGM. I need your feedback about the club, about what you want to see from it, about what you want to see at next years Annual Meet. All are welcome. Paid and non-paid up members alike, as I want to increase the commitment from the '8 drivers around the world alike.

In order to do this, I need to decide where/when to hold it as I want to have as many people in attendance as possible. I don't care if we have to meet at a motorway service station, or even (god forgive me!) McDonalds, but it needs to happen soon, as plans need to be put in place soon. Very soon.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 24, 2014]