1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A8 SIDE LIGHT BULB REPLACEMENT

SUBSEADESIGNER Feb 22, 2013

1. SUBSEADESIGNER

SUBSEADESIGNER New Member

Well must say all the threads on A8 side light bulb replacements filled me with horror as I knew the day would come I needed to change a side light. It is very true the engine bay is very tightly packed and yes it not even possible to see behind the head lights....my A8 is a 2006 4.2 TDI and being twin turbo each side is an air-filter and the filter covers are a ABS plastic mouldings that form a top-hat over the filters and block all access to rear of lights both sides but this top hat comes off as it is held on by 5 cross headed screws but they are very deep down the side of this moulding, so you need a very long screwdriver.....these screws are self captive so you not lose them at the front is a moulded rubber duct but that stays in position and then this top hat removes vertically up....not much clearance any side but a little patience and its clear .......underneath is a filter....remove this and now you have total access to the rear of the main beam light where the side light bulb holder is now here was a nice surprise as under this is the power steering header tank which I had never located before.....to re-build is just the reverse....same proceedure for both sides but the power steering is under the near side and now for a joke as before this I phoned my local Audi dealer and he said sorry but to do this job the front bumper needs to come off will need your car for a complete morning ! !