A8 seat sizing - will it fit in A6?

woollyjoe

Reaction score
If anyone with an A8 can measure the width (centre to centre and inside to inside) between the two rails on the floor that the seats sit on.

Even if the electrics are different, I'm pretty sure the connectors could be adapted / spliced, but the rails can't be.

I'm not happy with comfort levels in S-Line seats in A6 C7, so looking to buy some A8 seats. If ventilation and massage can be connected up, great, but this would be bonus.

Any help is appreciated.

probably best adding what shape of A8 you are looking to get the seats from...they may be different sizes too.

:thumbsup:

Third gen called D4. Its still the latest generation I believe despite having a recent facelift. I'm just looking to do the front seats only, unless back seats will work too.

OK, they will fit! The seat runners that bolt down to the chassis are according to etka the same across the (C7 A6, RS6), (2011 A7, RS7) and (D3 A8) range.

Thanks B5NUT. Do you know if there is any chance of hooking up ventilated seats and massage function / retro fit if the seats have capability? I'm keen to find some A8 seats on eBay to improve comfort in my A6. I rode a Golf RMotion with leather seats and it was so much more comfy than my A6.

Hi, I was just wondering if there was any follow-up on whether the massage & ventilation was now working...? ~ Also, is there any difference with the A6 Allroad C6 (4F) , would I be able to do a similar upgrade also? Many thanks for any help.. :)

If anyone with an A8 can measure the width (centre to centre and inside to inside) between the two rails on the floor that the seats sit on.

Even if the electrics are different, I'm pretty sure the connectors could be adapted / spliced, but the rails can't be.

I'm not happy with comfort levels in S-Line seats in A6 C7, so looking to buy some A8 seats. If ventilation and massage can be connected up, great, but this would be bonus.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi Woolyjoe,

Did you manage to fit the A8 seats into your A6?
I'm not particularly bothered about the ventilation/massage option, but if that could be done all the better.
The main thing is, did the seats fit and work with the basic funtions of up/down/back/forward and lumbar control?

Thanks

Paul.