A8 L

unkle

Beer God
Reaction score
Saw one of these today, had the badge 'A8 L'.

Would I be right in thinking this stands for Limo?

Not seen enough A8's to be able to tell if this one was larger/LWB or not.

I'm not sure if it's Limousine or simply Long Wheel Base in official terms, but yeah, they are the LWB version of the A8. Wouldn't mind a 6.0 W12 one for Motorway cruising! I bet it's like doing 'some' miles per hour in a living room!

Regards,

Rob.

A8L is a LWB, about 10" longer for the passengers.

unkle said:
Saw one of these today, had the badge 'A8 L'.

Would I be right in thinking this stands for Limo?

Not seen enough A8's to be able to tell if this one was larger/LWB or not.

Have just bought a 2006 A8L 3.0TDi with all the toys from Audi Lincoln. The guy paid just over £60k new, 2 years later I paid £24k for it with 2 brand new tyres fitted, years warranty and absolutely cracking service from Audi Lincoln.
What a machine, use it for chauffeuring and private hire, every client so far has been astonished by the legroom in the back. I can sit in the back stretch my legs out and not touch the front seat. Came equipped with TV, DAB, telephone, satnav, adaptive lights, voice recognition, keyless entry, etc, etc.
Get 39.7mpg on a run. Thinking about getting it superchipped as the A6 I had before with the same engine showed an increase in mpg plus it was a lot quicker.
In this weeks heavy rain and gales there is no other car I would have rather been in!

Yes the L is for LWB, to be honest the rear leg room in the SWB is great, but for taking clients in the back it is worth it. It does have a downside thoygh for the sporty driver, it affects the ride and cornering, but not such a deal for the 3.0TDI.

Had an A6 before and the A8L handles and rides a lot better. Seems to squat down on the road especially when on the dynamic setting. I suppose it is the wider track that helps.
3.0Tdi still goes extremely well but will be better when "Bluefinned". This should give me a bit better economy as well.
Looked at the standard A8 before I bought and there was little difference in rear legroom from the A6. I do know that the A8L is a bl**dy big car when I wash or polish it though, think it is nearly 3ft longer than the A6!