1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A8 - Feet get wet!!

Discussion in 'A8/S8 forum' started by imported_arnepaul, Sep 9, 2004.

1. imported_arnepaul

imported_arnepaul Guest

[Sep 9, 2004]
    I have a 1997 A8 4.2 Quattro and have a problem. When I corner there is water that drips - or pours - on my feet. It has to be condensation in or on the vents. It is really xxxx me off! I took it into a non-audi dealer, they said they though they were able to unplug the drain line, although my wife said it happened again! Any ideas? Someone told me it may be a heater box? What is the downside of not doing anything. It appears much better since the repair but still may be an issue. Arne Paul.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 22, 2014]

3. DaveP

DaveP Member

[Sep 9, 2004]
    Which passenger or driver? The A6 has the pollen filter on passenger side and a drain hole that can get clogged under the battery. Water builds up and when you go round corners sploshing through the pollen filter.

Dont know about an A8 though.
  4. imported_arnepaul

imported_arnepaul Guest

[Sep 10, 2004]
    If you turn right, it's the driver's feet, if you turn left, the passengers. Thanks for your advice, I'll check it out. Arne
  5. DavidP

DavidP New Member

[Dec 5, 2004]
    I have the same fault on 97 4.2 , have you found the cause yet ? would be interested to know
  6. NastI

NastI New Member

[Dec 8, 2004]
  7. DavidP

DavidP New Member

[Dec 9, 2004]
    Thanks Nasti,
    Hard to believe that such a well built car comes with a no cost option like a foot spa !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif