A8 Dash Noise

a8tdi

Reaction score
Finally I picked up my first A8, Black 3 litre tdi quattro sport..Car is amazing...Big however coming! The dash above the satnav screen does a bit of rattling/creaking. If i push up or down on the top it stops till i let go then starts again, sometimes it doesn't do it..However most of the time the noise is there.

I doubt its just my car that has this dash noise, therefore has anyone either sorted the noise themselves or had it sorted for them!

The car is an 09 so i don't think a warranty claim would be an option..

Looking for your thoughts,

Thanks..

Where did you buy it from and what month was it registered and what miles are on the car?

The car was bought from Listers Audi, it has 42000 miles on the clock and i am not sure of the month it was registered but if thats important i can find out today,
Thanks.

Ha, seen my brother yesterday. On hearing the rattle he went and got a 2inch square bit of rubber. This was lodged between the windscreen and the front speaker grill. Noise sorted! Fair play to the guys from Lister Audi in Worcester, they had arranged a replacement car for me and were having it sent from Worcester and mine to Worcester for the noise to be sorted..