A8 D4 dash back lighting issue

A8Denver

Reaction score
I have a 2013 A8 3.0, the backlighting on the vent dials, buttons to either side of the clock and the center console tray are not working. This issue has been well documented on D3's yet I can not find anything for the D4's, the armrest wires were changed and eliminated on the D4 so it is not the worn cable as in the D3, there is also no 1a fuse for the LED's in the D4. all other lights work, there is a fault for ternminal 58s in vag-com with no other details.
has anyone else had this or know where to look, thought about trying to put voltage thru the wire but as touchy as the can-bus is in these cars i don't have the guts, I have seen where it might be the light swtich but all other back lights work?
any help would be greatly appreciated!

No body? I have seen this issues posted a couple times on D4's but never a solution or follow up?

let's try this question....
Can I disconnect the 32 pin connector on J519 controller while the battery is connected?? ( want to check for any corrosion etc that may be causing this) I know it will probably throw some faults but I have a Vag-com so I can reset??