1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A6 under Audi warranty and having work done elsewhere?

Red D Jan 3, 2013

1. Red D

Red D Member

I've about 6 months left on my warranty and just stumped out £385 on a main dealer service. They did hose it down for free!:beee:

Their warranty people are adamant if I had it serviced elsewhere it would have voided my warranty. I've read elsewhere this is likely to be a bit of a blag on their behalf, but what's done is done...

After the service they've said I need a load of work doing;

Rear brake pads £200
    Front brake pads £240
    Brake fluid £60
    Front discs £220
    Air con £90
    Reg plate bulb change x 1 = £59!!!

If I have this work done by an independent, is this likely to void my warranty? I'm not asking Audi, as I know the answer I'll get.

2. a6_chris

a6_chris Well-Known Member

Are you sure your car is a C5?

If its under manufacturers warranty (possible if c6 or c7) as long as the garage you choose uses genuine parts and are VAT registered the warranty will be fine.

3. Red D

Red D Member

not sure to be honest. its a 2010 s-line.

C6?

Will try elsewhere in future cheers

4. Ste_Nova

Ste_Nova Active Member

C6

5. TYphoon GB

TYphoon GB Active Member

There's a major difference between servicing and repairs.
    The EU are very hot on such protective practices.
    As long a genuine parts are used e.g pads then there is little to stop a 'competent garage' or individual doing such work.
    Bulbs and fluids!! having a laugh.
    Its all about proving liability if subsequent loss or damage is experienced. So quite rightly they wont honour a warranty if say someone overfills the A/C and pops the compressor.
    Most reputable independent VAG garages comply fully with the 'rules' on servicing and repairs.
    A dealer service history does not include a dealer repair history IMHO