1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A6 turning issue

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by jhallas, Feb 22, 2005.

1. jhallas

jhallas New Member

[Feb 22, 2005]
    When I'm at either lock turning the car (particularly when going slow, say in a car park) the tyres don't seem to bite well and the power steering makes a labouring sound - has anyone else experienced this?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 27, 2014]

3. evomaster3000

evomaster3000 Member

[Feb 24, 2005]
    mainly because when the wheels are at full lock the toe in/out is most noticeable so wheel alighnment is out moreso and thus are scrubbing and not gripping as well.

Also when the steering is at full lock the pump is being over loaded as it's at it's maximum point and so sounds like it does.
  4. jhallas

jhallas New Member

[Mar 13, 2005]
    thanks for clarifying - I knew the toe in/out was accentuated at full lock but this seemed extreme

guess I'm also used to manual steering in my other car - power assist is different but helpful with the extra weight.
  5. jhallas

jhallas New Member

[Jul 8, 2005]
    Found that I had a bent tie rod and worn bushings - thankfully a warranty repair!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif